An employer may owe an employee wages after neglecting to supply the worker their normal paycheck (either the paycheck is not the correct amount or the employee simply never got paid on their normal payday) or failed to properly compensate the worker for any overtime hours he or she may have worked. If you have repeatedly requested your unpaid and deserved wages from your employer and they are giving you the runaround but have yet to comply, it may be necessary to take legal action. When requesting your unpaid wages from an employer, it is also important to learn how to calculate overtime pay so you know exactly how much is owed to you.

Would you like more information on how to claim unpaid wages from your employer? Our lawyers are ready to help you during this frustrating situation. Contact an employment law attorney in your area today to learn more about taking legal action against your employer for the wages that you earned!

There are two ways to claim unpaid ways. They are:

  • By filing a complaint under the WHD: Although this can be an effective way of recovering your unpaid wages, this process can be complex and time-consuming without the help of an attorney
  • Contacting one of our lawyers to help you through every step of the process

When it comes to making a claim for unpaid wages, it is vital not to procrastinate. There are often specific time limits in which claims for unpaid wages must be paid. Under federal law, this is usually two years, but in some cases, a three year limit may apply. Depending on the specifics of your claim and the amount owed to you and what type of wages they are, however, this time limit may be even shorter. Additionally, the laws in your state may implement their own deadlines, so it is important to act quickly and not put this process off or wait until the last minute.

Do you or someone you love have additional questions regarding wages that are owed from an employer? Our attorneys fight for a worker’s rights to justice when he or she has yet to see any unpaid wages that are owed to them. Contact an employment law lawyer in your area today for more information.