Each year, thousands of workers fall victim to Fair Labor and Standards Act (FLSA) violations made by the companies they work for. In just one year alone, the Wage and Hour Division obtained over $212 million in back pay due to overtime wage violations. (See: What is Overtime Pay?) Violating the overtime regulations set by the Fair Labor and Standards Act is illegal, and an employer may also be subject to criminal punishment.
Does your employer owe you unpaid wages for vacation time you were supposed to get paid for, extra overtime hours you put in or even just from your normal paycheck? An unpaid wages lawyer is ready to help you and get your unpaid wages! Contact our employment law attorneys today to learn more about recovering the unpaid wages that an employer owes you.
Unpaid wage claims may result from a variety of scenarios, including but not limited to the following:
- An employer not providing the full amount in an employee’s paycheck
- An employer neglecting to give an employee any paycheck at all
- An employer giving an employee a late paycheck or a bouncing paycheck, thus resulting in charges and fees that the employee was forced to pay
- An employer not properly compensating an employee for overtime hours
- An employer not paying an employee any amount of compensation for overtime hours and forcing the employee to work off the clock
- Not paying an employee any agreed upon vacation time and/or bonuses
Although the Fair Labor and Standards Act does not enforce requirements for employers to offer paid vacation days or bonuses, there are exceptions to this. For example, if an employer is promised a certain amount of vacation days in writing upon employment and then takes time off, he or she is required to get compensated for those days as part of their normal paycheck. Additionally, the same applies for yearly bonuses or commissions that were agreed in writing upon employment as a part of the worker’s normal pay.
Has your employer failed to pay you the full amount of wages that are rightfully owed to you? Are you missing compensation for overtime hours or from your normal paycheck? An unpaid wages lawyer is just a click away! Contact our employment law attorneys today to be connected with a lawyer who will fight for your right to collect unpaid wages.